Friday, September 2, 2011

Gypsies in the Oven

This Texas heat and drought has seriously put a damper on my "gypsy-ness." We now stand at 7.5 inches of rain for the year in Texas, which is a record low. And it's damn HOT! We are looking forward to a weekend "cold front" that will take us down into the 90's. Here we are at the beginning of September which marks the beginning of dove season, the start of college football, and Labor Day music festivals all over the state. But you know what? I'm not going to participate in any of that. I'm staying inside. It's too hot, and I'm tired of sweating. I seriously can't believe that I plan to just stay in...gypsy in the house. (It actually probably won't happen, but right now I'm telling myself I'm staying put...I know me.)

If you are a praying soul, I would encourage you to ask for rain in Texas and the midwest. The eastern seaboard is getting pummeled with rain, floods, and hurricanes, and we are selling cows at an astounding rate because there's not enough grass to feed them. Wildfires have destroyed millions of dollars of property and livestock. The slightest spark can create the biggest of problems. So...pray.


For further reading: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-01/Drought-puts-cattle-ranchers-at-a-crossroads/50230906/1




No comments:

Post a Comment